Login help for TAFE students
[last updated: 30 Nov 2016]
Why have I been given a NSW Department of Education user ID and password?
During enrolment, you received a NSW Department of Education user ID and password for your TAFE student account. This will give you access to a range of online portal services including access to:
· computers and the internet at TAFE
· SharePoints where your teachers may post information and learning resources
· online learning systems such as Moodle and Sakai
· the TAFE Student Portal, which includes My Email, My Profile and TAFE Student e-Services, so you can view and print your results and update your contact details
· library service resources such as e-books, information and databases.
How do I activate my account to access the online services?
Activate your account in three easy steps.
2. Make sure you enter your temporary password exactly as it is provided to you.
3. After you have successfully logged in, you must reset your password and set up 3 secret questions and answers from the "My Profile" tab. It can take up to 10 minutes for the new password to update all services.
What if I already have a user ID and password from a previous course?
As long as your account is still active, you should continue to use it.
Otherwise you will need to reactivate the account.
Click on forgot your password to change it in three easy steps. You will need to have previously created 3 secret questions and answers.
If you haven't created secret questions and answers or need help, contact your local student administration office.
What if I don't have access to a computer or the internet?
You can log on using a college library, where computers with internet connection are available for you to use.
What if my account doesn't work or if I would like more information?
Visit your local student administration office in person for help.